Antigua Doors warrants that the solid wood components of each pre-finished door shall be free from defects in materials or workmanship that would cause the door to be un-serviceable or unfit for ordinary, recommended use. This warranty shall run for a period of 24 months starting on the date Antigua Doors ships the applicable product from our manufacturing plant. Doors that are not pre-finished by Antigua are warranted for a period of 12 months provided that they were finished within 30 days from the date the product shipped from our manufacturing facility.
Antigua Doors warrants the factory finish on our solid wood interior and exterior doors for a period of 12 months assuming the exterior doors are installed according to the conditions found in the catalog section titled, “Door Orientation”. Should our finish be proven defective during this time period, we will at our option, refinish the door, replace the door, or pay up to $275 for an interior door and up to $350 for an exterior door to the owner.
ANTIGUA DOORS MUST APPROVE ALL WARRANTY ISSUES IN WRITING.
The following are excluded from Antigua Doors’ Limited Warranty:
- Labor cost for removal, and/or re-installation of a damaged product covered by our warranty.
- Fabrication of an incorrect product in which a client has signed off on our quotation sheet confirming the specifics of the order.
- Cost to purchase and install custom sized hardware not available with certain orders. Any odd sized hardware item not in our inventory will be noted during the bid process.
- Cost to purchase and install custom glass that is not part of our inventory, including glass that is part of our inventory but can not be tempered due its size and shape. All such items will be noted during the bid process.
- Damage caused by improper handling or storage.
- Damage caused by improper installation of the door, including doors that cannot swing freely.
- Acts of nature or acts of 3rd parties outside our control.
- Finish variation caused by the natural surface color of the wood.
- Texture variation caused by the natural grain and/or pore structure of the wood.
- Misunderstanding of the natural characteristics of a chosen hardwood as explained on our web site under Hardwood + Finish.
- Misunderstanding of the characteristics of a chosen distress including the change that can occur in a finishes overall appearance as explained on our web site under Distress.
- Misunderstanding of the characteristics of a particular lumber, finish, or distress. Failure to understand our production standards and norms as outlined in the section titled, technical info found on our website. Antigua Doors requires all customers to sign their order confirmations. Signing the order confirmation affirms that the purchaser has read and understands the technical info section, as well as the natural characteristics of our lumber, finishes, and distress.
- Failure to provide adequate overhang protection (see Door Orientation section).
- Doors that are sold without a factory finish that have not been properly sealed on all 6 sides including top and bottom.
- Doors that are sold without a factory finish that have not been finished within 30 days from the date the product shipped from our manufacturing facility.
- Standard finish maintenance and restoration.
- Damage to the door and/or complete re-finishing required because of the failure to perform routine maintenance and finish restoration as outlined in the Maintenance section of the web site.
- Exterior Doors with Southern exposure with dark colored finishes.
- Warp for any 3’6 wide by 8’ high by 1 ¾” thick, or smaller door panel, which does not exceed ¼” in the plane of the door panel itself. Warp on custom doors with wider or higher wood panels which does not exceed 3/8”.
- Natural panel movement. (Solid wood doors are engineered to “float” and will expand and contract with the environment.)
- Custom doors ordered less than 1 ¾” thick for exterior use.